From Daniel.Han...@smed.com
Subject Is configureAndWatch unique to Log4j?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:13:21 GMT

I apologize for being off-topic. I'm not well-versed in Java's built-in
configuration mechanisms, and I don't want to take the time to figure it
all out for one simple question:

Is dynamic configuration (akin to configureAndWatch) available in JDK 1.4
logging? I'd rather use Log4j, but I need to know about the capabilities of
the competition. I would assume that Java 1.4 provides some kind of
built-in class roughly the same as FileWatchdog.

If a Java expert could give a quick yes/no, that would be great.

Thanks.

Daniel Hannum

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you