From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: all log entries being copied to catalina_out.log
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:20:00 GMT

Here is the story.

The commons-logging API, when it decides that you want to use log4j,
takes the liberty of configuring a ConsoleAppender (on System.Err) and
attaching it to the root logger. The PattenLayout uses the pattern "%r
[%t] %p %c{2} %x - %m%n". See the code of
o.a.c.l.impl.Log4JCategoryLog.java for more details.

Since tomcat redirects System.out to catalina.out, we observe what we
observe... Mystery solved.

--
Ceki