From "Ashraf Fouad" <ashraf_fo...@rayasoftware.com>
Subject RE: NOONE TO ANSWER ?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:17:12 GMT

		MyAppProperty.java:19 log4j:ERROR Ignoring configuration file [log4j.properties]. Process
exited with exit code 0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ebersole, Steven [mailto:steven.ebersole@vignette.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 8:05 PM
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: RE: NOONE TO ANSWER ?

So to make sure I understand correctly:

xx_log4j.properties is a file in some directory which you have defined to
your IDE as being part of the classpath?  Correct?

There are a number of ways to get log4j to be able to read this file in
order to configure itself:
1) Simply rename the file from xx_log4j.properties to log4j.properties
2) If your IDE supports setting of environmental properties (-D options),
try setting log4j.configuration=xx_log4j.properties
3) Explicitly locate the file yourself and "feed it" to log4j.  Locating a
file relative from the classpath is acheived using the
ClassLoader.getResource() or ClassLoader.getSystemResouce() methods (they
return URL objects).  Try: String fullPath =
this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource( "xx_log4j.properties"
).toExternalForm();

HTH