From "Fabio Ricci" <f.ri...@websynapsis.com>
Subject Configure Log4J for Syslog Daemon
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 08:38:28 GMT
Hi Folks !

 I have one question about the use of the very useful software Log4j.
 I need to configure Log4j to send log messages to
 a Syslog Daemon on a specified port.
 I used this configuration:

 # Configuration for syslog
 log4j.logger.syslog =DEBUG, syslogApp, syslogfileApp

 # Appender configuration
 log4j.appender.syslogApp=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender

 log4j.appender.syslogApp.SyslogHost=192.201.100.22
 log4j.appender.syslogApp.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
 log4j.appender.syslogApp.layout.ConversionPattern=%m

In this conf. file the Syslog port is not configured. I  take it from an
example inside the Log4j API.
 Do i configure my log4j right ?
 Do i must change something in my syslog conf file ? (I just use the -r
  option on syslog)

 Every suggetions is welcome....
 Bye Bye
 Greetings from Italia.