From "Prasanna" <prasa...@celoxis.com>
Subject Want to open multiple files for different classes.
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:49:07 GMT

Hi,

 I'm using log4j and I found it very much useful.
I have some problem with log4j. Actually I don't know how to use it
efficiently.
Plz help me.

Below is my log4j.properties.

 1) Now what I want to do is..... I want to open a new file say migrate.log
    just for 2 classes i.e. dbmigrate and SQL.

 2) Also if I gave "A1" as parameter in first statement instead of "A" then
the UI of log4j
    appears and automatically closes after printing logs in it. What I want
is
    the program should terminate and the log4j UI should remain holding all
    logs.

 So how could I do that?

 log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, console, A
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A
log4j.additivity.rootLogger=false
log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.logger.com.psa=ERROR, console
log4j.logger.com.services=ERROR, console
log4j.logger.com.dbmigrate=DEBUG, console
log4j.logger.com.db.SQL=DEBUG, console

log4j.logger.org.apache.torque=ERROR, console

log4j.appender.A=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A.File=/tmp/application.log
log4j.appender.A.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.A.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %.20c{2} %.10M (%F:%L) - %m
%n