From Jason <jason...@yahoo.com>
Subject Trouble with file appender
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:43:19 GMT
Hello,

I'm using FileAppender for the first time and I've run
into a bit of trouble.  When I restart the VM,
messages logged to this appender are appended to the
contents of the diskfile rather than deleting the file
(or clearing it) and starting fresh.  My appender is
configured in a property file as follows:

log4j.appender.RESAPP=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.RESAPP.File=c:\\logs\\admra.log
log4j.appender.RESAPP.fileAppend=false

I thought that the last line should cause the behavior
I'm looking for but it seems that this isn't the case.
 Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up for
me.

-jason