From "Corbin, James" <James.Cor...@starwoodhotels.com>
Subject Help with Logging (1.2.7)
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:39:24 GMT

I am using Log4j version 1.2.7 as my application logging framework running
on a JBOSS app server.

The only issue I have run into is trying to define a separate configuration
file that when loaded doesn't interfere with the one loaded at server
startup by JBOSS.  Therefore, I created the following configuration file
which creates a category and my application logs to the category.  This
works as I've mentioned in previous emails, but the console log appends my
messages to an INFO message (from JBOSS configuration?).  I've included a
log entry to demonstrate my issue:

14:36:14,648 INFO  [STDOUT] 14:36:14,648,LightSpeed        [DEBUG] - some
message text....

My category name is LightSpeed.  Notice how the [DEBUG] message is appended
to a INFO [STDOUT] message?  I assume this is coming from the JBOSS
configuration of Log4j.

************Application Specific Configuration File *************

## The server.log file appender for LightSpeed
log4j.category.LightSpeed=DEBUG, LightSpeed_Console, LightSpeed_Default
log4j.additivity.LightSpeed=false;
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.File=server.log
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.MaxFileSize=500KB
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-5p [%t]
%-17c{2} (%13F:%L) %3x - %m\n
#log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d{ABSOLUTE},%c
{1}] %m%n
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Default.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE},%-17
c [%-5p] - %m%n

log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LightSpeed_Console.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE},%-17
c [%-5p] - %m%n

 _____

	 J.D. Corbin
Architecture and Emerging Systems
Starwood Technology and Revenue Systems
9285 Teddy Lane, Suite 230
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Phone: 303.790.9551
Fax:    303.790.9550

james.corbin@starwoodhotels.com

  _____

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary,
confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the address listed in the "From:" field.