From "Corbin, James" <James.Cor...@starwoodhotels.com>
Subject RE: Help with Logging (1.2.7)
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:20:07 GMT

Thanks for the suggestion.  I already have all loggers additivity set to
false, but my logging to the category still is appended to a JBOSS INFO
message before being displayed.

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.  Does anyone have a clue?

I've read all the threads about this from the archive.  It has given me some
insight, but hasn't addressed my issue.

Can somebody explain why I see the following behavior:

JBOSS logging setup to log to console and file.  I define a new category in
my application logging config file then attach new console and file appender
to the category.  My application then logs to the category.  If I make the
following call: myCategory.debug( "sometext" );

Why does this get appended to a [INFO] message before being displayed to the
console.  This is not an additivity issue as I only get one entry in the
log.

If someone could help me understand why I see log entries like the following
with my setup I might be able to fix it.  Where is the "09:20:47,919 INFO
[STDOUT]" coming from????  Everything after that is the data from my call to
log to the category.

09:20:47,919 INFO  [STDOUT] 09:20:47,919,MyCategory        [INFO ] -
========> setSuccessfulForward = /SendHouseList