From "Hazejager, S. - SPLXE" <Sven.Hazeja...@klm.com>
Subject RE: Multiple appenders with differing levels?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:07:56 GMT
Yes, that is what I was thinking about. Is there any documentation regarding
filters? I looked through the Javadoc, but that was not very enlightening...

Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Ferenc Toth [mailto:ftoth@eu.infobal.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 12:05 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple appenders with differing levels?

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:51:19 +0100, Hazejager, S. - SPLXE wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a (simple) solution to the following problem.
>We would like to be able to configure one logging level for our entire
>application, with output going to one file (intended to be read by
>developers and maintenance). In addition, we would like FATAL errors to go
>to a separate file (for operations). No lower levels should be logged, even
>if the global level is set to DEBUG.
>Is this possible with only one configured logger (i.e. the root logger)?

Use two appenders. Attach a simple filter to the "fatal" appender that
filters log4 with only fatal level.

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This
e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail
or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related
to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees
shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments,
nor responsible for any delay in receipt.