From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: log4j.xsd
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:50:21 GMT

Howdy,
I haven't tried it personally, but I have a couple of questions:

1. I thought transformation from DTD to XSD is not guaranteed to be
possible.  It is possible for a large majority of DTDs but some are
known to require manual editing prior to transformation.

2. Why are you trying to do this?

3. Be aware that the log4j schema may go away in a future release.  The
XML configuration will still be there, but there won't be a matching
DTD/schema to validate against.  This is because of the extensibility of
the schema and the ability of users to put arbitrary elements in there.
In this respect, the log4j dtd may join tomcat's server configuration
file (server.xml has no schema and can't have one) and other files of
this type.  So you may not want to rely on the presence of this file
going forward.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

XMLSpy.