From ANDRE.FLEISC...@LHSYSTEMS.COM
Subject Distributed System
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:52:11 GMT
Hi

we have an application with a j2ee server instance and a java swing client.
The client and the server are communicating via http. On the server side we
have a web-container and an ejb-container.
My first question is as follows: What is the "best practice" to log on the
server side (web+ejb-containter) ?
My Second one: On the client we do not want to log to a file. What appender
has the best performance to communicate with a server instanc? Should we
write a new Appender using a http stream ? What about the JMS or the
SocketAppender ? Can anyone give some pros/cons ?

Greetings
André Fleischer