From "ashokd" <ash...@visualsoft-tech.com>
Subject Class Cast Exception while Using Commons Logging With Log4j
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:54:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using Commons Logging and Log4j in my Application.

It is working fine, but some times it is giving ClassCastException.

If once exception occurs then the same exception repeats until Restart the
server.

I have 2 static methods in my class, to debug from this methods I used the
below code as class variable:

private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog( "DAOFactory" );

Exception As Below:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

Shall any one help on this.

Thanks in Advance,
Ashok.D