From "Ebersole, Steven" <steven.ebers...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: log4j in clustered j2ee environment.
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:52:17 GMT
Another note, the JMS appender can be problematic if the JMS destination
goes down after the appender has been initialized.  The only way I was able
to get the JMS appenders to work again was to bring down the app server from
which logging was originating.  Ouch ;o)

But you could look at doing something for failover support, like maybe using
an error handler to failover the JMS destination.

HTH