From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Performance and Logger.getLogger()
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:52:30 GMT

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> The situation he was talking about is different.  He's writing a logging fa├žade, which
will have methods like:

> public static log(Class clazz, String message) {
> }
>
> And his question was about the cost of doing Logger.getLogger(clazz.getName()) each and
every time inside the above method.  That can indeed get expensive.  It's like if you were
doing Logger.getLogger() not in a static initializer, but every single time you needed to
log something.

Oh, okay.  Thanks Yoav.  I still can't see how you figured that out from
his post ;) but now that I know the context, his question makes complete
sense.

Erik