From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Elapsed time: Can I reset?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 05:52:43 GMT

Hi Paul,

Actually this is the first time such a request has been made. There is no
"hidden" way to enable this feature. I am afraid you will have to write
some code.

A setter method for startTime in the o.a.l.spi.LoggingEvent class should do
it. Setting the startTime will have log4j-wide effects. For example,  the
relative time computation of all layouts will be affected.

Here is the code:

public class LoggingEvent implements java.io.Serializable {

   ... as before

   public static void setStartTime(long newStartTime) {
     return startTime = newStartTime;
   }
}

In your code, you would then call LoggingEvent.setStartTime(some value);

I hope this answers your question.

       http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp