From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Naming loggers / resolving calling classes
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:09:52 GMT

Howdy,
Have you looked into object renderers in log4j?  That'll get you back in
the "handle" space you're used to.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/or/ObjectRende
rer.html

A simple implementation of an ObjectRenderer can just do
obj.getClass().getName() + obj.toString()

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics