From "Beth Linker" <blin...@lanthorntechnologies.com>
Subject RE: log4j-1.2.7.jar
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:33:50 GMT

Which version of Weblogic and on which platform? I've had no trouble
deploying log4j-1.2.7.jar in Weblogic 6.1 on Windows or Solaris. I
deploy it within a .ear file or within the lib directory of a .war file.

-Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason [mailto:jasonriz@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 5:00 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: log4j-1.2.7.jar

Hello,

We ship log4j-1.2.7 with our product.  We've had a few complaints from
clients who use WebLogic.  Apparently, Weblogic has issues with jar
files with more than one dot in their name.  They are requesting that we
rename the file to log4j-1_2_7 in our distribution.  I'm just curious
whether anyone else has encountered this problem?  Also, does anyone
think that there are any potential issues (legal or otherwise) with our
shipping the renamed file?  Thanks!

-jason