From "alessio.ronchi@inwind.it" <alessio.ron...@inwind.it>
Subject Re:XML not read under iPlanet/UNIX
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:37:48 GMT
SOLVED!!!!
It was my fault: the wrong absolute path I was using to feed DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch
was:
export/home/myDir/log4j.xml

Now it's been correct to:
/export/home/myDir/log4j.xml

and works.
Thanks and best regards,
Alessio

Hi All !!!

I've got a problem using log4j under iPlanet/UNIX.

I've got Log4j running perfectly under Tomcat/Windows, but moving the same application under
iPlanet/UNIX the problem is that my XML configuration file is not read at all.

I checked that:
1) I'm sure that DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch looks for the correct file because renaming
my xml file I obtain a different error.
2) I'm quite sure that my XML file is not read because if I vulountarely introduce an error
in my XML file I do NOT get any exception by the DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch.
3) I think that the problem could be iPlanet because a simple example outside iPlanet runs.

Be aware that the path I introduce in DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch is an absolute path,
like:
/export/home/myDir/log4j.xml

Any any any suggestion is really really appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Alessio
(alessio.ronchi@inwind.it)