From "Chandrasekaran.V" <chand...@wisorindia.soft.net>
Subject Help in getting commons and log4j to work together
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 19:16:49 GMT
Hi,
We are planning to use log4j in our project. To have a common interface we
are planning
on using commons logging as a wrapper.

The problem I am facing is this.

Example.class

Log log = LogFactory.getLog(Example.class);
log.info("log.isDebugEnabled()"+log.isDebugEnabled());
log.info("Test info message");
log.warn("Test warn message");
log.error("Test error message");
log.debug("Test debug message");

And my commoms-logging.properties has the following entry
org.apache.commons.logging.Log = org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

The issue is when I run this code my Debug messages are not printed. How do
I make them
print. Do I have to configure something in the log4j.properties file? Or is
there any way
I can do it in commons-logging.properties file.

Thanks in Advance
Chandrav