From "Sanjay Gupta \(sanjaygu\)" <sanja...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: A possible BUG? Logger vs category tag in xml (DOMConfigurator)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:08:23 GMT
Ok. I considered subclassing. I need to know add few params like,
hostname, applicationID. So I was overriding forcedLog method of Logger
to send myLoggingEvent instead of regular LoggingEvent. MyLoggingEvent
(subclassed from LoggingEvent) has two custom fields - AppId & hostName.

Any thoughts of how I can achieve that?

-Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 1:44 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: A possible BUG? Logger vs category tag in xml
(DOMConfigurator)

This subject has been discussed many times in the past. Please refer to
the archives.

No, it is not a bug. Subclassing logger class is discouraged.
Consequently, the logger tag does not allow for a class attribute.
However, you can get around this by various means which I am not going
to disclose here as the means are deprecated, discouraged or both.

I recommend wrapping instead of sub-classing.

       ISBN: 2970036908  http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/clm_t.jsp