From Jonathan Whitall <fiddlerpian...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does 1.2.x support adding new conversion character to Pattern Layout ?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:22:32 GMT
Hi Sanjay,

All you have to do is extend PatternLayout and
PatternParser, and then change the references to your
various layouts to use the new code instead of
org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

There is actually an example of how to do this
provided in the examples/ directory in the source code
version (it may be in the binary distribution too...
not sure).  Anders Kristensen wrote it, and I based my
code from that.  It works great, and I have had no
problems with it.

Jonathan