From "Fruechtenicht, Torben" <TFruechteni...@ubis-ag.com>
Subject AW: configuring log4j without a file? is it possible?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:28:14 GMT
Sure that's possible - just study the Log4J Javadoc. I think you could either extend one of
the existing Configurator classes or roll your own if you want to do something really novel.

As far as extending is concerned: I don't know about the XML configuration, but it should
not be a problem to store your Log4J config in a database, fill a Properties object with the
entries from the database and then pass the Properties object to the PropertiesConfigurator.

Torben

---
Torben Fruechtenicht
Developer
IT Solutions

UBIS AG                fon:   +49 30 39929-731
Dircksenstra├če 42-44   fax:   +49 30 39929-900
D-10178 Berlin         email: tfruechtenicht@ubis-ag.com
Germany                web:   http://www.ubis-ag.com
---