From "Hainer, Neil" <hain...@jivanet.net>
Subject Newbie Question
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:01:58 GMT

I am using Log4j for the first time.  How do I set up a property file (correctly) so I only
log to a file and not to the console?  I only want messages at level INFO or higher in my
log file.  This is what I tried.  It didn't work:

log4j.rootLogger = INFO

log4j.DamlBuilder=INFO, FILE

#log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.appache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

#set the appender FILE
log4j.appender.FILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FILE.File=.\log.txt

#set the layout for the appenders
#log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.conversionPattern=%p -%m%n

#set the layout for the appenders
log4j.appender.FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FILE.layout.conversionPattern=%p -%m%n

Thanks,

Neil

Neil Hainer
Booz Allen & Hamilton