From Ulrich.Kleeber...@witt-weiden.de
Subject Antwort: RE: Specifying log file location when moving from development to production
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:15:54 GMT

sorry typo :

log4j.appender.daily.File=${catalina.home}/logs/myFile.txt

                      Ulrich.Kleeberger@wit

                      t-weiden.de                  An:       "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                   Kopie:

                      04.07.03 08:14               Thema:    Antwort: RE: Specifying log file
location when moving from development to
                      Bitte antworten an            production

                      "Log4J Users List"

hi wendy,

have you tried this :

log4j.appender.daily.File==${catalina.home}/logs/myFile.txt

uli

                      Wendy Smoak

                      <Wendy.Smoak@asu.        An:       "'Log4J Users
List'" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                      edu>                     Kopie:

                                               Thema:    RE: Specifying log
file location when moving from development to  production
                      04.07.03 00:42

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Log4J Users

                      List"

Yoav wrote:
> Another approach is to use an environment variable, e.g.
> log4j.appender.blah.File=$CATALINA_HOME/logs/myFile.txt

I have:
log4j.appender.daily.File=$CATALINA_HOME/logs/bentest.log

This isn't working.  I have CATALINA_HOME set [on Windows]

g:\irm\sharedsource\benweb>echo %CATALINA_HOME%
c:\jakarta\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24-LE-jdk14

But when I install my webapp, in the console I see:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: $CATALINA_HOME\logs\bentest.log (The system
canno
t find the path specified)

I also tried ${CATALINA_HOME} with these results:
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \logs\bentest.log (The system cannot find
the
pat
h specified)

Is there something special I have to do to make it aware of environment
variables?  Or does anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.