From "Martin Flower" <sylvest...@gmx.net>
Subject commons.logging and log4j configureAndWatch
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:13:35 GMT
commons.logging and log4j configureAndWatch

Hello

The application I work on currently uses the log4j configureAndWatch
facility which
allows the logging level to be dynamically modified without restarting the
application.

I am now evaluating whether we can move to the commons.logging framework as
a wrapper to log4j.  The answer is yes - but I cannot  see how to
dynamically
modify the logging level.  I was hoping there would be a facility within the
log4j.properties file, such as
log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch=true,
but I may be searching in vain.

Any help will be gratefully received.  Thanks !

======
Martin