From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Logging Services project
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:20:13 GMT
Good morning to all,

The log4j developers are pleased to announce that the Board of
Directors of the Apache Software Foundation unanimously passed a
resolution for the creation of the Apache Logging Services project. A
copy of the resolution can be found at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?LoggingApacheOrg/BoardResoluion

The Logging Services project is intended to provide cross-language
logging services for purposes of application debugging and
auditing. The discussions leading to the submission of this resolution
can be found at:

We should also mention that thanks to the relentless efforts of many
developers and in particular those of Scott Deboy, we currently have
inter-operability between the following projects:

  * Log4Cxx (c++)
  * Log4CPlus
  * Log4j
  * Log4Net
  * Log4Perl
  * Log4PHP
  * JDK1.4's util.logging framework

There is still much work ahead bringing in the various projects to
work together within the Logging Services Project. The process is
likely to take a little while. In the mean time, we will continue to
do what we like best, that is developing open source software.

Happy holidays to all,

--
Ceki Gülcü