From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: additivity trouble
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:00:01 GMT
You have attached the console appender to the logger you wish to ignore, in
this line:

log4j.category.fr.MyClass=INFO, console

This means that any INFO message for that logger will go to the console
appender, which really means that this entry is redundant.

What I think you want is to modify this line:

log4j.category.fr.MyClass=INFO, console

to either:

log4j.category.fr.MyClass=OFF

or:

log4j.category.fr.MyClass=INFO

The former is more efficient since logs will be ignored at an earlier stage,
while the latter means that INFO and above are 'accepted', but since there
is no logger attached (and additivity is off) they do not end up anywhere.

Hope that helps.

cheers,

Paul Smith