From Paul Smith <Paul.Sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject RE: chainsaw v2
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:18:46 GMT
re: multiselecting and stopping receivers.  That's a fair call, I hadn't
thought of that situation, it should be straight forward.

Thanks also for the note on the NPE on the welcome Tab, I think I know what
that is.

Also, I am not sure what you mean by right clicking 'next to' a tab.  Could
you expand a bit more for me?

cheers, and thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

cheers,

Paul Smith

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich.Kleeberger@witt-weiden.de
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 12/4/03 6:40 PM
Subject: chainsaw v2

hi paul,

yesterday i tested the changes you made.
the custom timestamp format is exactly what i was looking for. well
done.

another cool feature would be :
if you select more than on receiver in the receiver panel and you press
the
stop button,
all the selected receivers have to stop. it is not a very important
thing
but could be very
handy if you have more receivers running (like me).

the context menu on the tabs is also exactly what i was wanted.
if you right click besides a tab you could get also get an context menu?

i don't know if it is a known issue :
if you right click on the welcome tab and close it then you get an npe.
here is the stacktrace :

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LogUI$2.actionPerformed(Unknown
Source)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1786)
        at
javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(AbstractB
utto

n.java:1839)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.ja
va:4

20)
        at
javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:289)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1113
)
        at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(B
asic

MenuItemUI.java:943)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5100)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:3483)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3198)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3128)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1613)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThrea
d.ja

va:201)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.
java

:151)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)