From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat log4j .
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:23:41 GMT
Hi all,
    I am using Tomcat 4.1.27 + log4j 1.2.8+Win2k sp4. I have some problems
with it.
1, Log4j locks the log file so that I  cannot clear the content of the file.
After some time I want to delete old debugging data while development.
Currently I am doing it by shutting down Tomcat. It is time consuming job.
2, After a context reload in Tomcat, if anyting is written to log the editor
dont say that the file is changed.  It is not changing the last modified
date of the log file.
    log4j jar file is in application's  WEB-INF\classes\lib directory.
log4j.properties is in WEB-INF\classes
    No initialisation servlet is there.
    Some questions
1, What is the SSS in the ConversionPattern means ?
2, Is it necessary to initialise log4j through a servlet ?.

rgds
Antony Paul.