From "James Radvan" <ja...@imperiumglobal.com>
Subject multiple log4j statements on the same console line
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:42:17 GMT
Hi, I'm having trouble with log4j 1.2.8 with a ConsoleAppender.  I'm getting
all my sequential log4j outputs to the same line of the console, rather than
1 per line.
Here is my log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %37c %3x - %m

And a sample line of console output:
DEBUG net.novium.transact.tactontestharness.actions.TactonTestAction     -
Quote title: Crown-Select-2Prods-3Subconts-001DEBUG
net.novium.transact.tactontestharness.actions.TactonTestAction     - Exiting
method processRunDEBUG
net.novium.transact.tactontestharness.actions.TactonTestAction     - Task:
runDEBUG
novium.transact.tactontestharness.actions.TactonTestAction     - Exiting
method execute.

Notice how multiple log4j statements are on the same line.

I'm using WSAD 5.1 (Eclipse 2) WebSphere 5 test environment.  I've used this
same log4j.properties with other applications and it's worked fine.  Any
ideas?

Thanks very much, Jim
james@imperiumglobal.com