From Masár Daniel <dma...@gratex.com>
Subject EJB and Log4J
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:19:57 GMT
Hi,

I am new in Java and EJB world and I have to create logging infrastructure component for EJB
application.
I am inspecting wheter log4j can meet my requirements.
When I use log4j and FileAppender form enterprise bean am I in collision with following ?:

The EJB 1.1 Specification, section 18.1.2 (Programming Restrictions) states the following:

An enterprise bean must not use the java.io package to attempt to access files and directories
in the file system.
The file system APIs are not well-suited for business components to access data. Business
components should use a resource manager API, such as JDBC API, to store data.

Thanks

Daniel Masar