From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: suppressing messages
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:02:00 GMT

Howdy,
You could write a TriggeringEventEvaluator that keeps a history of
logging events and consults it when deciding whether to pass or fail the
current event.

I'm not aware of other methods currently built-in to log4j, because this
request is against the spirit of logging, which is no dropped messages.
You're better off coding your system to log errors once.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

SMTP