From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Help with replacing tokens for log file name
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:34:38 GMT
> From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
> Have you considered using forward slashes? For example:
> c:\\xyz\\foo.bar and c:/xyz/foo.bar should be interpreted as the same
> file even on windows.

I would... but part of it comes from a system property and I don't want to have to remember
"Oh, yeah, Ant/Log4j won't work unless I use forward slashes here" the next time I upgrade
Tomcat.

I think I'll just have a dev.properties file that holds the location of the log file for development,
in addition to the war.properties that holds the location for when I build the war file.

Thanks!  I often make things FAR more difficult than they need to be, just wanted to check
that I wasn't missing something simple.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.