From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject Re: Chainsaw blocks system
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:41:46 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 19:35, Tormod Omholt-Jensen wrote:
> I use Chainsaw for monitoring a system.  Some times if Chainsaw runs for a
> long time, Chainsaw reports an out of memory exception.  When t is happens,
> my application is blocked until the Chainsaw process is killed.  I use
> Chainsaw v1.   Anyone who has experience something similar?

Chainsaw v1 has this limitation.  Chainsaw v2 does not, it can use a
rolling cyclic buffer of a configurable size so you do not run out of
memory.

See here for more info, including how to get Chainsaw v2:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html

Installation instructions are here:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/chainsaw.html#Installation

cheers,