From Paul Smith <paul.sm...@lawlex.com.au>
Subject Re: update to install-chainsaw.xml + question
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:37:22 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 16:51, Jacob Kjome wrote:
> Wanted to let people know that I updated the install-chainsaw.xml to use
> the logging-log4j CVS module rather than jakarta-log4j, have it use the
> up-to-date 2.0.8 Jakarta-oro package, and added a commented out stub of
> <cvsgrab> listing all needed dependencies so that those behind a firewall
> can get the log4j CVS at work.

Thanks Jake, sorry this took me so long.  We've been struggling with a
version of Postgres that is allowing duplicate rows into a table even
with a primary key on it!

I have updated the website with your changes.

> Note: I haven't updated the site.  I can't remember what that entails.  Can
> one of you other committers do that?

At the moment it's a manual process of simply scp'ing the files to the
web server.

> One other thing.  Has anyone else noticed that when you run "ant chainsaw"
> on the Log4j build that the attempt by Ant to delete the log4j and chainsaw
> jar files fails if they exist already?  I can't figure out why this would
> be.  I can delete them just fine on my own.  Nothing seems to have a handle
> to them.  I'm using Ant-1.6.1 and on both WinXP and Win2k.  Can anyone
> confirm this?

I have seen Ant do this from time to time, and it's not limited to the
log4j module, it's happened to our project here at work.  I think it
only happens on W32 AFAIK.  Usually it works the second time around.  It
is strange.

cheers,

Paul Smith