From "John B. Moore" <...@microps.com>
Subject Re: Logs, where art thou????
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:51:31 GMT
Update,

    Well, when the going gets wierd, go back to basics...

     To that end I created a simple servlet that had println
statments...   They came out as I hoped in the stdout.log file..   I
then pasted the Log4j intialization from the problem app to create a
Logger.. that also output to the stdout.log.. (it has a
ConsoleAppender)  Gooood news..  It still was not creating the named log
file in the Tomcat root directory.. so I changed that to a hard path to
the log directory and that is now showing up..

     Now I need to figure out what it is that is mucking up everything
in the full app....<sigh>

     John...