From "Jon Wilmoth" <JWilm...@starbucks.com>
Subject RE: Enhancement #2686: DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:26:06 GMT
The current cvs tip (1.3alpha) contains the refactored rolling file
appender.  With it you can specify a TriggerPolicy (condition(s) under
which to perform log file roll) and a RollingPolicy (What to do when the
file is rolled).

Currently there are two rolling policy implementations provided
(org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy,
org.apache.log4j.rolling.SlidingWindowRollingPolicy) and one trigger
implementation (org.apache.log4j.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy).  I
haven't started using them, as I'm waiting for atleast a beta release,
but it should work for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: J Janesko [mailto:jj730105@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 11:49 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Enhancement #2686: DailyRollingFileAppender

Is anyone currently working on the enhancement request
2686?

"I would like to have a DailyRollingFileAppender
bounded by a max file size just
like the RollingFileAppender. Thanks."

There is a comment in the bug tracking log indicating
that this might be available in version 1.3.  Can
anyone verify this?

Thanks,
--Jenn