From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: logs duplicated: INFO & DEBUG
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 13:09:06 GMT
I am interested in

1/ Is it possible to log stuff with level INFO in one file and exactly the
same plus DEBUG messages in another file?

Is it possible?

Thaks,

Stephane

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Nicoll
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 9:25 AM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: logs duplicated: INFO & DEBUG

Hello list,

I am trying to configure log4j for our J2EE application and I have a couple
of questions. I have a complex (at least to me :p ) structure of categories
and appenders

com.foo should be WARN
com.foo.bar should be INFO
com.foo.toto should be INFO

(other categories ...)

then com.mycompany should be INFO in one file and com.mycompany should be
DEBUG in another file

(the idea is to have exactly the same logs but one file with our code in INFO
and one file with our code in DEBUG)

1/ Is it possible to log stuff with level INFO in one file and exactly the
same plus DEBUG messages in another file?
2/ I have problems with duplicate log entries. How can I achieve this so that
WARN/ERROR/FATAL logs from bar and toto don't get duplicated, I set the
additivity=false flag with no sucess.

Also, since I have two target appenders (file), can I put them in the ROOT
category?

Last question: is there a file appender that rolls every X hours?

Thanks and regards,

Stephane