From "Ferenc Toth" <ft...@eu.infobal.com>
Subject RE: logs duplicated: INFO & DEBUG
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:52:02 GMT
> From: Stephane Nicoll [mailto:snicoll@kiala.com]
>
> I am interested in
>
> 1/ Is it possible to log stuff with level INFO in one file
> and exactly the
> same plus DEBUG messages in another file?

As far as I know you have to use a filter to get this, and this means, you'll
need an xml config file. But that's pretty easy. Quick sketch to start with:

	<appender name="debug" class="whatever">
		<filter class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LevelRangeFilter">
			<param name="LevelMax" value="DEBUG" />
		</filter>
		some layout
	</appender>

	<appender name="everythingelse" class="whatever2">
	</appender>

	<root>
		<priority value="debug"/>
		<appender-ref ref="debug"/>