From carlos1.riv...@ps.ge.com
Subject RE: Help with loggers - syslogd
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:44:07 GMT
Sorry for the late post.  Here is my config file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1, R, enternetsyslog

log4j.debug=true

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.R.File=c:\\enternetserver.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=1024KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n

log4j.logger.com.ge.ClassTest=FATAL

#appender to syslogger
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog=org.apache.log4j.net.SyslogAppender
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog.SyslogHost=200.200.204.33
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog.Facility=LOCAL0
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog.FacilityPrinting=
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.enternetsyslog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c -
%m%n

Basically in my source I have a getLogger with the fully qualified name of
the class where I am invoking the call.  But I can have another getLogger
call with the parameter called "enternetsyslog".  Only those logs that I
invoke with the "enternetsyslog" will go to the syslogd of the host
specified the rest goes to the log file.

Thank You again guys.