From carlos1.riv...@ps.ge.com
Subject RE: Help with loggers - syslogd
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:59:37 GMT
Thanks a lot guys.  Works Great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken.Liu@bmwna.com [mailto:Ken.Liu@bmwna.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 11:09 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: RE: Help with loggers - syslogd

Hi Carlos -

Here's what I think you need to do:

1) Change:

> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1, R, enternetsyslog

to:

> log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1, R

This will remove the enternetsyslog _appender_ from the root log hierarchy.
This is why you see all the log messages in the syslog.

2) Add:

log4j.logger.enternetsyslog=DEBUG, enternetsyslog

This creates a new logger called "enternetsyslog" and attaches the
enternetsyslog appender to it.  You had not specifically attached the
enternetsyslog appender to an actual logger named enternetsyslog, so logs
were going to the root logger.

Give this a try...I think you should be good to go.

Ken

                      02/17/2004 02:08         Subject: Help