From "Alan Brown" <abr...@opstechnology.com>
Subject RFE - Fixed Memory Logging
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:58:14 GMT
Actually, I think the title is a bit of a misnoma as it's disk space I'm
looking to cap the usage of.

I was wondering if anything in 1.3 would enable me to ensure I won't run
out of hard drive.  I know it's cheap and all that but, depending on the
performance cost, I'd like to be able to guarantee that I won't run out
of space if I have a sudden rush on system usage.

What I envision is a class that would be passed the 'rolled' files and
would keep track of them.  When the total file sizes exceed a given
trigger value it would delete the oldest files, until the size was at an
acceptable amount.

Does anyone else think this would be a nice feature?

alan