From Shirish Goel <Shirish.G...@india.infogain.com>
Subject Fw: log4j JMX implementation
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:19:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: shirish <mailto:shirish.goel@india.infogain.com>
To: Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com <mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: log4j JMX implementation

Hi ,

I was going through the chain on this topic...but no body has mentioned
the bahavior of log4j running on different JVM's (Clustered environment)
First of all it is right that not all the servers would be able to
register the MBeans with the single admin mbean server because of object
name clash , even if they could do so lets say with different domain
names . How are the changes done on the console to log4j mbeans be
reflected every where on all the servers .(Notification mechanism)

Also the changes done on the console at the runtime and in memory
changes and are not getting persisted every where, so the next time the
server is booted all those changes done on the console will be lost  .

I am trying to use log4j with its own JMX implementation but found no
documentation at all for its usage , I know its beta release but was
expecting some comments / documentation .

Regards,
Shirish