From Shirish Goel <Shirish.G...@india.infogain.com>
Subject Re: Create LogFactory/Log for Log4j and use commons.logging
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 04:24:29 GMT
Hi,

Can You throw more light

1. why we should not subclass Logger (I dont have copy of manual , but I
could see an example doing the same)

2. If we dont use ConfigureAndWatch then what should be used in order to
reflect the changes done to log4j.xml  dynamically

Regards,
Shirish

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ceki Gülcü" <ceki@qos.ch>
To: "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 4:09 PM
Subject: RE: Create LogFactory/Log for Log4j and use commons.logging

Hi Dominique,

What a combination. Sigh.

1) DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() should be avoided (except in
stand-alone Hava apps) because it opens a thread which never dies.

2) You don't need to sub class Logger in order to invoke
DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch().

3) You should not sub class Logger in the first place as explained in
Chapter 8 of "The complete log4j manual" of which I believe you own a
copy.

HTH,

At 11:35 AM 6/10/2004, you wrote:
>In MyLogger I set use DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() to set a Watch
>period.

Ceki Gülcü