From Srinivas <vasu2v...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Please Help me.... How to Implement Log4j.....
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:03:05 GMT
Hi Jake ,

Thanks for replay to me , It's working  well .
But i am getting the message 2 times at the console ie Tomcat Server Console. I am using Tomcat
5x and JBuilder. And one more thing I have put the log4j.properties file at WEB-INFO\classes..

log4j.properties file is...................

# Default Logging Configuration

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout

#to increase logging level

#log4j.logger.org.dcm4cheri=DEBUG

#to decrease logging level

#log4j.logger.org.dcm4cheri=ERROR

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p : %m%n

What is the wrong i am doing?????
Please tell me...

Thanks
Srinivas

Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
Where do you have commons-logging.jar? Struts uses it and it causes lots
of problems like this because it is able to find Log4j using classloading
tricks, but then not able to do classloading of Log4j it finds because it
is in an inaccessible classloader. Put commons-logging in WEB-INF/lib
along with log4j.jar and things should start working again. Make sure to
use commons-logging.jar, not commons-logging-api.jar (which doesn't
container the Log4j implementation).

Jake