From Paul Smith <psm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML file loading in chainsaw - adding threshold
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:08:17 GMT
Yes, a good idea, what needs to happen is the file loading code needs to
be coverted into a receiver, and the Swing action just starts it, and at
the end of the file loading the Receiver shuts itself down.

I'm still trying to get mysely settled in my new job, so hopefully soon I
will be back online to do some stuff.

cheers,

Paul Smith

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Stephen Pain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just struggled to load a huge (100+MB) file into chainsaw when all I was interested
in were the errors for some analysis I needed to do.  Having a cyclic buffer is helpful, but
if there are a load of debug messages you're not interested in, you can end up losing the
more important messages off the end of the buffer...

> It would be a great help if we could specify a threshold on the loading of an XML file,
just like for the receivers... :)

> Cheers,
> Stephen
>

> --
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.