From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: announce Level
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 13:56:12 GMT
The only problem I've had is that some Log4J viewers (aka appenders)
don't handle custom Levels. This is not a core log4j issue, but if
you intend to or already use GUI viewers, you might want to verify they
won't "translate" custom Levels into something like warnings or
debug messages...

At 04:49 AM 6/4/2004, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I havn't been following the latest list discussion concerning custom or a
>new log levels for log4j. So excuse me if this hass been discussed already.
>[snip]
>
>If nobody else does sees a need for this, is there somehting special we
>need to be aware of inside log4j in order to implement this as a custom level?
>( do we have to dive inside and change source code of chainsaw, appenders
>like email,....?) or is it pretty straight forward.
>
>Thanks for any feedback
>Marc

The Wabbit