From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Create LogFactory/Log for Log4j and use commons.logging
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:39:07 GMT
Hi Dominique,

What a combination. Sigh.

1) DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() should be avoided (except in
stand-alone Hava apps) because it opens a thread which never dies.

2) You don't need to sub class Logger in order to invoke
DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch().

3) You should not sub class Logger in the first place as explained in
Chapter 8 of "The complete log4j manual" of which I believe you own a
copy.

HTH,

At 11:35 AM 6/10/2004, you wrote:
>In MyLogger I set use DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() to set a Watch
>period.

Ceki Gülcü