From na...@drexel.edu
Subject Re: RE: logger.info() logs twice to the console
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 03:04:28 GMT

> It sounds like you've not set additivity correctly (there's been a
> poston that subject already today).

I just subscribed, that's why I probably missed it.

> your logger may have 2 appenders set to it, the fileAppender and a
> consoleAppender.  This is in addition to the root logger which also
> hasa consoleAppender causing double logging.

That's what I suspected, but I just started using log4j. What confused me was that the documentation
says that adding an already added appender won;t result in adding the same appender twice.
Now, I realize that this applies only in the case when you try to add the same appender to
the same instance, but does not apply in the cases when this appender was added to an instance
of a parent class.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Nik