From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: What is the significance of rootCategory in property file.
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:54:28 GMT

Hi,

>    Thanks alot for the information.
>    Can I have any number of log4j properties files under a single web
>application ?

Yes.  In case of conflicts the last one configured using
Configurator#configure (or a variant thereof) will determine the
configuration.

>    If so, where to put these properties files under tomcat ?

Wherever you want.  To configure with multiple files you'll have to
configure log4j programmatically anyways, so put the files wherever you
want and adjust your code accordingly.

>    Are there any guidelines that I have to follow if there are many
>lo4j properties under a single web app ?

Nothing special.

Yoav